City of Chicago Small Business Center
The Small Business Center (SBC) is the business licensing division of the City of Chicago’s Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) and the City’s “ONE-STOP-SHOP” for business licensing, public way use permitting, and connecting entrepreneurs to business resources.
To find out more, please follow this link: City of Chicago, Small Business Center.
(Note: This link will take you away from the Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce website)
Neighborhood Business Development Center
The City of Chicago, Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), Neighborhood Business Development Centers (NBDC) program provides grants to Chicago-based chambers of commerce and business support organizations to assist in the development of small businesses in Chicago, serve as liaison between local businesses and the City of Chicago, and provide neighborhood business development services.
When to Contact Your Neighborhood Business Development Centers
Chambers of commerce and business support organizations have a strong neighborhood network and coordinate efforts with local aldermen, the City, and other community partners. They help implement the City’s Neighborhood Small Business Growth Strategy. They can help start-up entrepreneurs, and existing business owners, with:
- Information about a particular neighborhood
- Getting a new small business started
- Troubleshooting City-related issues for small businesses
- Connecting businesses to financial resources
- Business-to-business networking opportunities
- Employment and workforce development assistance
- Consumer marketing assistance
- Connecting your business to the local community
Entrepreneur / Business Owner Resources